Longtime coding nut. I've built everything from #1 iOS Apps to Facebook games, media
players and GPS fleet tracking software.
March 2017 - Present: Principal iOS Engineer — Cornerstone OnDemand
- Recreating Cornerstone's learning application for native iOS with Swift. Led architectural decisions
around persistent caching, model management, and CI integration.
Dec. 2014 - March 2017: Senior Mobile Engineer — Cornerstone OnDemand
- Adopting features from our enterprise solutions to iOS and Android platforms.
- Modernized build system with Continuous Integration server (TeamCity) and Grunt tasks to deliver always
up-to-date iOS and Android apps to QA and stakeholders.
- Developing code standards, cleanup of legacy code, and mentoring junior team members.
Oct. 2013 - Dec. 2014: Senior Mobile Engineer — DAQRI
- Expanded DAQRI's core mobile platform for developing augmented reality (AR) experiences. Added native-level
(Objective C and Java) plugins to extend Unity3D functionality including object tracking, deployment, networking
and security features.
Sept. 2011 - Oct. 2013: Developer and Consultant — Wise Old Duck Games and Wise Old Duck Technology
(Contract): iOS Consultant, Playviews Inc.
- Rewrote and improved animation framework that allowed character and combat art designed and
illustrated with Flash to be imported and used within Cocos2d / iOS. Optimized rendering of 2.5D
(isomorphic) game map and related assets.
March 2010 - September 2011: Crowdstar Inc.
January 2011 - September 2011, Engineering Lead, Mobile Games, Crowdstar Inc.
March 2010 - January 2011: Software Developer, Crowdstar Inc.
- Built a team from two members to six developers and two artists. Managed contracted third parties.
Delivered the revolutionary Top Girl app within an
Top Girl was a groundbreaking RPG played in a world of fashion and
nightlife. Top Girl peaked at #1 on the App Store's Top Grossing list, where it remained for
several months. (Top Girl for iOS and Android)
- Built Mighty Pirates, an adventurous social game on the high seas. Created a flexible power-up
allowing a content manager to easily devise and update in-game bonuses based on game achievements.
- Developed Hello City, a fun and casual city building game. Devised a high performance system for
animating hundreds of avatars at once. The rig system allows unlimited customization of stock
and clothing, integrating with a set of animations that only need to be created once. Implemented
isometric mini-games inside the game world.
- Co-wrote Pop Boom, a colorful and addictive puzzle game. This project was completed very quickly -
in three weeks - by myself and one other engineer.
2004 - Dec. 2009: Developer and Consultant — Wise Old Duck Games and Wise Old Duck Technology
(Contract): Backend Consultant, Matt Mac Interactive / Bottlewebpals.com
- Integrated existing Flash content with a custom backend. This allows users to activate virtual pets
codes obtained by purchasing promoted toys and stuffed animals.
(Contract): Engineering Lead, Say Design / Kidzchores.com
- Designed and brought together resources to create the Kidz' Chores web game.
Kidz' Chores invites families to come together for fun with a message
responsibility. Players customize avatars, parents assign chores, and kids complete them on a schedule
save up coins that they trade in for prizes.
- Organized animation resources, wrote ActionScript 3 to manage and present the game. Implemented a
server using PHP and MySQL to update and persist user accounts, avatar customizations, and other
(Contract): Developing Consultant, TranSeed
- Completed and debugged the Sponge web-form system.
Sponge allows an HTML author to create a traditional web form and have
information about user interaction with the form automatically logged and preserved for later
2002 - 2003: Software Engineer, Winamp / America Online.
- Worked on two iterations of a prototype "AOL Media Player".
- Programmed an experimental DMX media player.
- Created a set of reusable UI controls for use in the DMX player and the first iteration
the AOL Media
Player. These were COM objects built on top of Windows using C++ and IDL.
2000 - 2001: Software Engineer, Sonique / Lycos Inc.
- Developed Sonique and Sonique 2 media player software.
Sonique was an MP3 and media playback application that emphasized cutting-edge
and highly customizable visual interfaces. It was platform independent, and written mostly in C++.
- Wrote custom visualization system allowing third parties to access either waveform or frequency data and
then write back fascinating visual effects.
- Created several demonstration programs integrating MANTIS customizable UI with Windows SDK-based
1997 - 2000: Software Engineer, GeoResearch Inc.
- Programmed GeoLink and PowerTrack software.
GeoLink and PowerTrack were Windows-based applications developed in C++ with MFC.
GeoLink software collected coordinates from GPS receivers and linked it to user-defined features to create
spatial databases and maps. PowerTrack was a vehicle and fleet tracking solution.
- Worked with customers to develop custom solutions based on these core products. Consistently beat